Register Today for a Virtual Training Institute!Published
We’re excited to announce that registration is now open for the 2024 AEPS®-3 Virtual Training Institutes! Provided via Zoom, this two-day training is a great opportunity to learn everything you need to know about AEPS-3 from the comfort of your own home or office.
When are the 2024 Institutes?
Institutes will be offered on three separate dates in 2024 for your convenience:
February 21-22, 2024
11 am–6 pm ET
May 7-8, 2024
11 am–6 pm ET
October 9-10, 2024
11 am–6 pm ET
Who are the trainers?
The trainers for all 3 Institutes will be Jennifer Grisham, Ed.D., and J.J. Johnson, Ph.D., expert speakers and contributing authors on AEPS-3. Jennifer Grisham (University of Kentucky) directed the nationwide field test for AEPS-3, and she frequently provides professional development to state departments of education, universities, and local education agencies. J.J. Johnson (St. Cloud State University) is an expert in professional development education for early childhood education, early intervention, and early childhood special education.
Who should attend a virtual Institute?
The Institutes are ideal for a wide range of professionals working with young children: early interventionists, early childhood educators, home visitors, program administrators, therapists, speech-language pathologists, psychologists. This training is helpful for participants new to the AEPS system and current AEPS-3 users who want to learn best practices and have questions answered by our expert speakers. (Please note that maximum of 6 people from the same agency may register for this event. If your agency has more than 6 participants, please contact email@example.com to schedule a training for your group.)
What will I learn?
You’ll explore how to use the AEPS-3 linked system to assess, set goals, plan teaching and intervention, monitor young children’s progress, and support participation and involvement with families. Your virtual training will cover:
- the fundamentals of AEPS-3, including the system’s organization and the 8 developmental areas
- best practices for test administration, including authentic assessment, virtual assessment, and group assessment
- scoring of the assessment, including qualified scoring options new to the third edition
- use of AEPS-3 for eligibility determination
- development of IFSP and IEP goals using AEPS-3 data
- linking AEPS-3 data with teaching and intervention using the new multi-tiered, activity-based curriculum
- an introduction to the new Ready-Set measure for measuring school readiness
- working with families throughout the assessment and intervention process
During the virtual Institute, you’ll receive video instruction from AEPS-3 experts and participate in interactive break-out sessions with other training participants. You’ll complete hands-on activities and video exercises and receive practice forms and case studies. Upon your successful completion of the Institute, a certificate of attendance will be sent.
Ready to learn more and reserve your seat? Visit our dedicated page for the AEPS-3 Virtual Institutes today!